Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Day Two - some laundry, a drive I'm fearing























You are privileged to have a view of one of the funniest phenomena in the state of Indiana: Henry's obsession with Jordie/me doing laundry in the basement. He sits at the top of the stairs, but will not immediately come down as I have countless times told him not to. Still, if you stand there at the bottom of the stairs taking pictures of him for an extended period of time, he eventually decides it's all right, and lumbers his stout little body down the stairs. Not an easy feat - they're narrow and steep, so for all of you who are claustrophobic and not too well coordinated, do not move into this house when we move out, or else have a friend handy to do the laundry for you.

Today's been a little lax so far - slept in, went to the gym - but now we are about to venture out into the white wonder-hell that has been whirling outside for the past day or so. Whoever says global warming is not happening is out of their mind - the weather's been up and down, windy and not, sunny and shady, for about a month or so. I was letting the dogs outside in a t-shirt the other night with no problem, and now I'm struggling against the wind even in a sweatshirt and a jacket over it. Ridiculous.

So, we're about to drive to Illinois to visit my family, which is always a fun adventure, especially in this weather. Lucy used to love the car, but in the past year (since we've had Henry) has started whining a lot more, getting antsy...and Henry's a pest. If you watch 'Heroes', he's the Ando - he supercharges Lucy's anxiety until the car's a death trap. In this weather, I won't be as tolerating (if I am at all), and I'm sure I'll be hoarse from yelling by trip's end. Oh well.

In any case, have a good day, hopefully I'll live through this drive and post tomorrow.

A.
I couldn't resist. She's so beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment